Friday, February 5, 2010

Yummy Balls of Fire


Swedish Meatballs are a party classic,but sooo old school. Do you want to blow everyone away with culinary bliss? Try serving up these little dynamos. I guarantee you, they will tickle everybody's palate. I had a hard time being convinced to begin serving meatballs as an hors'd'oeuvre at our parties. I dont know, I guess I felt it wasn't elegant enough , but, boy was I wrong. This is one tray of appetizers that always returns to the kitchen quickly and empty.


Recipe


3 pounds of chopped meat.

1/3 rd cup of quick oats

1/4 th cup of Worcestershire sauce

2 tablespoons of garlic powder

1/8 th cup of onion powder

2 eggs

.

Directions


Place all of the ingredients in a large bowl and blend well. Form mealballs. Place on grill.

.

Basting Sauce


6 ounces of beer

1 bottle barbecue sauce

1 tablespoon of garlic powder

1/2 a cup of brown sugar.


Blend all of the above ingredients in a bowl. Use this sauce to baste your meatballs and watch them come alive

1 comment:

  1. Hi Andrea:

    These look great. A nice twist on your traditonal meatball.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete